Toolkit for Advocacy in Restricted Spaces
The Lifeline Embattled CSO Assistance Fund, a consortium of 7 international NGOs, has released their new “Advocacy in Restricted Spaces” toolkit as a resource for CSOs that need help navigating restricted civic spaces. Particularly relevant during COVID-19, the toolkit includes:
• A step-by-step guide for advocacy planning that stresses risk mitigation and intersectionality
• 10 tactics that can be used in restrictive spaces
• 16 case studies with real-world examples of how CSOs achieved success with their advocacy
• Links to over 50 external resources related to advocacy planning and security
• Annexes related to digital security, well-being, risk assessment, and stakeholder mapping to enable CSOs to prevent and mitigate threats at each stage of their campaigning
To read and download the full toolkit, click here.