Call for Input on UN Guidance on Human Rights and Counter-Terrorism Funding
The United Nations Security Council’s Committee on Counter-Terrorism (CFT) is calling for civil society’s input for a guidance document on how countries can counter terrorism funding while still respecting human rights. The Committee would particularly like to hear observations on the following trends:
- The definition and criminalization of terrorism financing
- Financial investigations
- Financial intelligence and information-sharing
- The role of non-profit organizations
- Impact on humanitarian activities, focusing on the human rights impact.
- CFT impact on gender
- The responsibility of the private sector, including financial institutions
To submit your input, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by November 13, 2020.
To learn more about the ongoing work the UN is doing to develop this guidance document, click here.